Each year at this time I make a list. A movie list. Then the race begins to view as many movies from the list as I can, in order to make an "educated" [LOL] guess at who will take home the Oscar.
I attend an Oscar party every year hosted by a friend who has been hosting an Oscar party every year for the last 26 years. It's fun to be a part of something that's annual for kind of a silly reason, yet important at the same time. I've been going for 5 years now and I like it. I get to see a bunch of ladies I use to work with and now, only see once a year, and also enjoy the movie madness that comes every February.
Of course, I don't strive to watch the movies from the Sound Editing or Make-up categories if they're not nominated somewhere else, but the main 5 for sure, plus the documentary categories and short animated films. This year there are 10 BEST PICTURE nominations. My goodness! and for the record....I can't believe DISTRICT 9 is even in contention for any award at all!
Here's the list of what I'll be watching over the next month. If it's not listed here, and it's in the main 5, that means I've seen it.
Avatar
An Education
Precious
A Single Man
Up in the Air
Crazy Heart
The Messenger
Invictus
Nine
The Last Station
The Lovely Bones
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Secret of Kells
If you need me this month, you know where I'll be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great List, when can I join you?:)
ReplyDeleteyeah, anytime....how many of these can thomas get and for how much?
ReplyDelete