Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Comfort Food

Have you ever had a pining for a taste of your childhood? Maybe from a restaurant you use to frequent or home cooked Sunday roast?

Well, I got this incredible hunger for cookies the other day and after looking through a number of recipes, none of them to my satisfaction, I decided I needed a taste of my childhood. Luckily my parents live downstairs and my mother's cookbooks sit on the same bookstand my brother made her when he was a kid.

I knew the look of the book I was searching for, but not by name. It took only seconds to find. It took only seconds more to find the cookie section and as I thumbed through the pages it opened to a well used page. You know, the way a good book opens to a well read passage. There it was....spattered with dough and penciled markings....Oatmeal Crinkle Cookies.

That was it. One of those basic cookie recipes you can make on short notice....no ingredients you have to plan for, they're all cupboard staples. They tasted just as I remembered them. Old faithful. mmmmmmmmm

They're gone so don't even post asking if you can come over for some....here's the recipe, you can make your own. Or better yet, find that recipe from your childhood and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment